Seiko [5Y39-7120] Info On Replacment Movment Or Compatible

Mkay

Hello All,

Just a quick question here. Had a older Seiko watch that is totally rusted and the cell look like it leaked also. I've been looking to see if i could get a replacement movement for it. But unable to get a 5Y39-4120 from any of my normal suppliers.

caliber: 5Y39A

size: 10.5

stem 351-670

battery: 371

function o. SC-D(3)

hands 0.65x1.10

would a VX39 work as a compatible?

caliber: VX39

size: 10.5

stem : 354-531

function SC-D(3)

hands: 0.70x1.20x0.20

Not sure what the hands size would mean and not sure what 0. sc-d(3) vs sc-d(3) under function means

I did call Seiko and they said they to see if i could get a replacement moment from them but they said they don't sell movements but did have it in stock if i wanted to send it to them and then get a quote.

Was kinda odd since I've always gotten parts from them before crystals/stems/crowns and so on.

Any insight would be great

Thank you

Mkay

• Like 1

Here the watch i already check ebay for the same moment but haven't found one yet also notice that most movements has the wholes on the opposite sides.

RN2m3Gk.jpg?1

Here is the movement after a soaking and cleaning already

oWHVEte.jpg

couldn't get the all the rust of of the one wheel but got most of it off.

UsCZsKr.jpg?1

I could clean all the rust off of the plate with some sand paper but didn't really see a point since even after a overhaul the watch wasn't running either way the pulse test seems to be a negative. I assume this means the coil or the quartz circuit needs to be replace.

Also i believe a 7N32-6 should be a proper replacement for this watch i will most likely give that a shot. it has nearly the same size, has the hole on the right sides and has a cal at the 6

• Has 1 jewel
• Stem: 351892, Tap 11
• Date at 6
• Genuine Seiko quartz movement
• Japanese assembled

7N32-6

10 ½

110/65/20

yfxw7Fy.jpg

if anyone could confirm my findings or have any suggestions that be great thank you

MK

Edited by Mkay

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...