Hi, I dropped the crown wheel screw from an omega 625 and spent three hours looking for it to no avail. Does anyone know where I could find a spare? I've searched on eBay extensively but it's looking like I might need to buy a complete movement to replace this part.

I'm also aware that two versions of this screw exist, one with 3 lines which is left handed and one with 1 line which is right handed. The one I'm missing is the left hand version.

If it helps, this movement is based on the zenith 30.5

Hi befor shelling out £36. Have you tried sweeping the floor with a magnet. A long one off a knife rack or the like. Secondly borrow @ pair of the wife’s stockings and put over the end of the vacuum tube and push it up the tube then sweep the floor then if all else fails £36 it is.

• Like 2

Thank you for the suggestions, I find that vacuum trick works very well but unfortunately wasn't able to find the screw in the end. I ordered another movement for quite a bit more as I'd like to replace a couple of wheels and screws as well, some of mine have tiny spots of rust.

13 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Secondly borrow @ pair of the wife’s stockings and put over the end of the vacuum tube and push it up the tube then sweep the floor then if all else fails £36 it is.

AND the replacement cost for the (silk?) stockings 🤣

I'm using recovered Hard-disk drive Neodymium magnets. These are incredible strong and will pick up anything of steel.

Hard-Drive-Actuator-Motor-Magnets.jpg.792076e19f6507d6b8799822cda5da0e.jpg

When working on movements with "no-room-for-error", I sweep the floor before I start, else the magnet will pick up all kinds of stuff you didn't know you had in your house ...

If you're still up to it, suc6 with another attempt 😉

Edited by Endeavor
  • Like 2