New member introduction

Hello everyone.  I am new to this forum and am I am new to hobby watch repair.  I live in Panama.  I am retired.

For now I am mostly interested in manual wind watches.  Most of the watches I have are fairly new.  I have experience taking a caliber 6497 movement apart and lubricating and reassembling.  I tore up a few movements.  I have watched hundreds of you tube video watch repair videos.  This is over the last several years.  I purchased my basic watch repair tools on Aliexpress.  I have a lot of Chinese watches.  Manual type.  Common manual movements.  I like them.  

I like the Seagull ST5 for example.  And, the Citizen Caliber 1800.  These are both simple manual wind movements.  

Recently I bought a couple of vintage watches.  They are not here yet.  One is a Seagull ST5 from the early 80s.  The other is a Citizen 21 jewel 1800 manual wind watch which is very similar to the HMT 0132 movement.

I am going to need some help most likely in the future.  I have no experience with snap on cases for example.  Or, installing acrylic crystals.

So I am here to learn.

Thank you in advance for welcoming me to the forum.

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome.  I have a difficult time taking decent photos of my watches so I have sort of given up on it.  I need to work on that.  

This is the Ebay photo of the Seagull ST5 I purchased.  It is not here yet.  It has a modern dial on it.  I bought it from a vendor in China.  I believe this watch was made in early 80s.  It has the striped movement in it.

image.png.086aaac582e076db30fc223e0cf43e7a.png

I am waiting on several other watches to arrive also.  This is an old Citizen Homer date from the 60s.  It does not run.  I would like very much to get this watch and try and bring it back to running condition.  As I said, I am interested in manual wind watches.  I think this is a good one.

image.png.6263ce226ee640e453690e42b125e8c4.png