hi Everyone! New to the world of watches!

Hi All,

For some reason I started looking at buying, what to me, would be a nice watch. I don't have the Omega, Rolex type of money but I do have a fascination with Japan.

After quite some time, I ended up coming across the Seiko Elnix range from the 1970s and I saw one for sale I fell in love with. I had never seen a watch before in my life where I just 'HAD' to have it. I bought it off an Avid collector, it was originally imported as new old stock in 2020.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.37619f15121c8abc2ed90f6ed958a74d.jpg

I have since adjusted the day so that it shows the Japanese Kanji as I thought it would be more fitting. Only thing is, it still has original stickers on the back cover and inside the clasp! The clasp sticker is safe but the back cover I want to keep nice so I would like to swap the back maybe for a see through one but so far I am struggling as to what might fit. I'll start a thread on that elsewhere.

I saw another watch that was similar in 'looks' to this one, this time for sale in Japan instead of already here in the UK, I thought it would make a nice surprise for my partner, for me to buy and fix it up. It's an automatic with a spring, rather than the elnix that uses a battery to keep the balance wheel moving.

1000027277.thumb.jpg.27bdb4f61017d7ffcbc895e34b2018c1.jpg

I have already sourced and have in hand a new replacement faceted crystal for it, but I am struggling with the Crystal gasket.

As you can see, I seem to have fallen for these designs and aesthetics and I have been drawn in by Seiko big time!

I intend to buy a new Seiko to use a daily to keep my Elnix for 'best'.

Nice to meet you all and I'll see you around the forum!

Kindest Regards