New for old 7N33

NewAdventure

Hello folks.

Tim in Switzerland here.

I'm fixing up an old Seiko dive watch from 1995, for my in-laws.

It has a 7N33C movement.

My assumption is that the newer version (and the only one I can find) will have the same location for dial feet.  Is that a fair thought?

The new one is:

Seiko 7N33 (3h bg)

7N33M 

After a new crystal, dial feet, a movement and a good clean, it'll be as good as new!

Thanks in advance 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Uncanny coincidence ? I only found a quote of the ownership change in 1972 but no explanation . If anything just a late connection,neither company would have been in their prime by 1972.
    • You=angel, when I gained access to your email.     Rgds
    • I rather like the third quote that I have from @nevenbekriev for which unfortunately I have to agree. A whole variety of actions have been taken based on the perception that there was a problem or just visually it look like there might be a problem? one of the things that I always like is background history so the watch was completely assembled all the components were there. what was the condition of the watch did it run for instance? Did it just need cleaning before all these interesting repairs took place. Then grandmothers watch sentimental value to anybody in the family? Always best when starting off in a new field to not to work on things that will get you in trouble with the family just in case. one of the problems for people new to watch repair is the failure to grasp where movements come from. Sometimes there made in-house by the company stamp on the plates but usually they're basically an OEM component purchased by a company. then the company name? Just because a name is on the plate doesn't actually mean that's the same company that originally held the name. For instance the Elgin watch company all that exists of the company is the name. Watches made in China with the name so it's a valid name it just isn't the same watch is that Elgin made way back when. There are all kinds a Swiss companies that people have started back up again and talk about their proud history of but the really not the same company all that's left is the name which is very unhelpful in watch repair the escapement is a very interesting location in the watch and unfortunately a extremely critical location. Everything here is critical changing anything conceivably means the watch will never run again. So for instance visually you now have street banking pins but are the in the exact location there supposed to be? Then attempting to find a generic pallet fork to replace the one that is damaged will lead to failure. actually another option would be just to replace the staff. Until we identify the actual maker of the movement we won't know much of anything but typically on watches there are some generic components. Mainspring is can be ordered by size. Or pallet fork staffs at least you use to build a buy new ones so we just need the dimensions of the staff and if you're really lucky we may build just replace the staff itself without making a new one. Making a new one is rather tricky as they typically are really tiny. just now checking two of the sources that I would look at I'm not seeing a 555 listed?  
    • Yes two underscores, I don't mind people having my email  *****@*****.tld Copy and paste it.      Oops didn't work.  That's annoying r underscore harris underscore @ hotmail.com 
    • Hi Rich, your email seem to have an extra underline  "_" I think I tried emailing you with and without that second underline. PM sent. Rgds