Hello from Vienna

geebee82

A quick Hello from Vienna!

I am Georg, 41 years old and by profession a recording engineer, who recently found the new hobby of repairing mechanical watches, mainly old Seikos.

I am still very green behind my ears and have still a lot to learn, especially how much or rather little force to use if something needs to be pushed on...

But so fahr, I already got a few dead watches revived, and I am very much looking forward to expand my knowledge and dive deeper into the world of horology.

Cheers

Georg

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

Oh Georg how lucky you are. Austria is my favorite country. I fell in love with it way back in the 70’s. I have been to  Vienna and had a wonderful time. The Salzkammergut is the part I have had holidays in St Wolfgang is the place I stayed at.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I've had this for many years and have used it successfully with no issues on many watches.  But I've only used it mainly for removing glass bezels, opening casebacks and novelty timepieces which were not designed to be open. For revolving bezels, I usually use a caseback knife to pry it off. Chinese tool quality can vary greatly. Some are almost indiscernible from the original Swiss tools and some are just junk. I have many Chinese tools that were junk straight out of the box but after some modifications and finishing, end up better than original Swiss because it's now designed to my specifications. We have another thread somewhere which discuss Chinese tools. Which are good, which are bad and which are junk. Do have a read if you are planning on buying any tools.
    • Hi again, I've got a pocket watch in very bad condition, but the movement started again after disassembling / cleaning / reassembling, and it works pretty well for an old caliber. The thing is: I can't identify it. No indication of a name, no logo, only a serial number. I've tried to use Bestfit for the idendification, but without result. The diameter is 35,6mm (dial side) and 35,5mm (back side). Maybe is it one of those calibers made by the farmers in Jura during wintertime? There used to be a tradition for farmers in that eastern part of France to work for watch manufacturers in winter time because they had less work in the fields.
    • Hello and welcome from Leeds, England. 
    • Does anyone have the manual or direct experience with this one? Made by ETA circa 1985. I need to know where to place which probes, especially for functions 3 and 4.  Thanks in advance!
    • Hello, I'm Tim from Oregon, USA.  Watch collector (mostly Seiko) and novice watchbreaker.