Need help, Vibrograf Quick Checker 2 (VQC2)

Does anyone have the manual or direct experience with this one? Made by ETA circa 1985.

I need to know where to place which probes, especially for functions 3 and 4.  Thanks in advance!

s-l960.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• A friend has landed me with his family's LCC - all of it, when I was lead to believe he'd just bring the movement! Anyway, the most obvious issue is that the suspension spring is missing - except for the broken off 1cm stub in the bottom bar that sits in the crutch. I'd be grateful to know how important it is to get an exact replica of the original spring & what measurements I should take (in addition to the width & thickness of the stub) to specify the spring required. Apart from the name on the dial I can find no information that might help. Another issue is that the day window is fed by a saw-toothed wheel behind the dial (just visible in the 1st photo) but it seems there is no connection to this from the movement.
    • Hello and welcome from Leeds. 
    • I have acquired a number of watches over the years and generally have always changed batteries myself. This seems to be getting more difficult, manufacturers now like make this more difficult, restricting information. making cases very difficult to open etc. They of course want you to use their own service centres at a cost of £60+ each time. Therefore, I find myself getting into simple watch repair to keep some of my older watches going.
    • Both of those cleaning machines will do a good job, are the heaters working and find out more about the baskets and how many sections they have to fit tightly in the holders. Have the screw lids for the jars got the cork inside so as to stop evaporation when the machine is not in use.  
    • Hello. I started another thread in the caseback section on how to open the watch. It’s got a picture of my watch and a link to the website with more pictures and information