So annoying

I've been learning for a while. Loving every moment of if.  Ish...

But for a while I have been defeated by one watch. It is a Seiko Bellmatic 4006a. It has put my confidence in a little trough. I've followed the routine of my mentors. If in doubt, remove an item and replace the screw so you know where it comes from to stop problems arising.

I had two problems.  The alarm bolt yoke spring keeps popping out. Every time I have put on the calendar plate, the setting wheel rocker has popped out from under the plate. I redo everything again, done many times. Getting fed up.

The spring and the rocker are held by screws. The spring is against the screw that holds the setting lever spring. The rocker is held by the alarm setting lever screw. 

It has taken me some time to figure out the the screws placed in those holes were obviously not the original. I have removed both screws, gone to my ebay spares drawer and obtained 2 screws with larger head heights. Bingo! Both items are now secure. I can proceed. ish...

Waiting for the next problem

Edited by rossjackson01
Spelling, Grammar
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, rossjackson01 said:

I've been learning for a while. Loving every moment of if.  Ish...

But for a while I have been defeated by one watch. It is a Seiko Bellmatic 4006a. It has put my confidence in a little trough. I've followed the routine of my mentors. If in doubt, remove an item and replace the screw so you know where it comes from to stop problems arising.

I had two problems.  The alarm bolt yoke spring keeps popping out. Every time I have put on the calendar plate, the setting wheel rocker has popped out from under the plate. I redo everything again, done many times. Getting fed up.

The spring and the rocker are held by screws. The spring is against the screw that holds the setting lever spring. The rocker is held by the alarm setting lever screw. 

It has taken me some time to figure out the the screws placed in those holes were obviously not the original. I have removed both screws, gone to my ebay spares drawer and obtained 2 screws with larger head heights. Bingo! Both items are now secure. I can proceed. ish...

Waiting for the next problem

Well done Ross, one step at a time, one problem at a time, you are doing great 👍

Done at 2315hrs. Wearing as I write. Photo on wrist will appear tomorrow, if it its still keeping time. Should be OK. Timegrapher was as follows. Rate +3s. Amplitude 278 degrees. Beat error 0.2. beat 19800 and 58.4 degrees Lift Angle. Date change at 11:54. 

Edited by rossjackson01
Spelling, Grammar
  • Like 4