Three ladies Tissot watches

Hi everyone.

I have come across these as I was looking in eBay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/166416839107?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160811114145%26meid%3D4c3aac55c8be4039831e990ce94399d7%26pid%3D100667%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D175893493853%26itm%3D166416839107%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2351460%26brand%3DTissot&_trksid=p2351460.c100667.m2042

Believe it or not, Liz bought me the mens version of the Quartz that is the first in this trio of watches.

I am really tempted to bid on these, but I have no idea of their worth. Truly. No idea at all. Looking at the websites here in Geelong that sell Tissot, the cheapest quarts ladies watch is >$500AUD

According to the ad, the quartz does not seem to work and the automatics, from the description, I would suggest just need servicing and a bit of a birthday.

I know at this point that me servicing these would just be a slow motion, or possibly a fast motion train wreck. As far as the quartz goes, can anything be done to the movement or is the easiest path to simply replace the movement? My next question becomes the obvious one. Can parts for watches owned by the Swatch company even be purchased now? Especially by the layman?

And I'm not sure about the 4.04GBP club, I think these could quite easily end up in the 404GBP club.

Edited by Michael1962

• 1 month later...

Both of the automastics run after a small shake. The quartz however, I removed the battery, flat as a tack. The seller said that they had tried a new battery, but no joy.

I got hold of a new battery and sure enough, no go. I could move the hands by use of a magnet behind the movement which is essentially what a line release tool does. Very easy to get the second hand to move.

I have changed the battery in my men's Tissot and this watch is the female equivalent of my watch.

I removed the battery as soon as I realised it was not going to do anything. I couldn't help but think that something looked odd when the movement had no battery in it. Whoever has opened it up previously has lost the insulator from the battery recess.

So now I either have to see if I can make one out of plastic or buy a new one once I identify the movement and can find someone that sell Tissot spare parts. 

And yes, I should have realised that the insulator was missing when I removed the first battery. 😞 

Edited by Michael1962

5 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

Both of the automastics run after a small shake. The quartz however, I removed the battery, flat as a tack. The seller said that they had tried a new battery, but no joy.

I got hold of a new battery and sure enough, no go. I could move the hands by use of a magnet behind the movement which is essentially what a line release tool does. Very easy to get the second hand to move.

I have changed the battery in my men's Tissot and this watch is the female equivalent of my watch.

I removed the battery as soon as I realised it was not going to do anything. I couldn't help but think that something looked odd when the movement had no battery in it. Whoever has opened it up previously has lost the insulator from the battery recess.

So now I either have to see if I can make one out of plastic or buy a new one once I identify the movement and can find someone that sell Tissot spare parts. 

And yes, I should have realised that the insulator was missing when I removed the first battery. 😞 

I'm sure you could make something up for the insulator. As a guess it would be from a piece of 300 gauge plastic sheet cut to size and shape of the base of the battery compartment. Some pictures of the movement ard needed.