Need help identifying lathe cross-slide

My wife purchased me a nice little Moseley lathe, and it came with a cross-slide. Unfortunately I'm fairly certain it's not for this lathe. The sizing seems much too big for an 8mm. I did some googling and it looks like this might be a derbyshire or Levin-style 10mm slide. Unfortunately, there are no makers marks, just some numbers on the slides. Could anyone help identify it? I'm guessing I'll have to sell it and try to buy an 8mm slide.

Thanks!

20231029_111309 (Large).jpg

20231029_111316 (Large).jpg

20231029_111327 (Large).jpg

20231029_111434 (Large).jpg

20231029_111500 (Large).jpg

Actually it looks like whomever had it before me put the tool holder on the bottom and not the top! I flipped it to the correct orientation and it does fit a bit better!

Edited by futurematic

Most cross slides only have 2 slide tables. Yours appear to have 3 stacked on top of each other. Can one of them be removed?

That quick change tool post doesn't seem to belong to this set.

20231030_032532.thumb.jpg.c1e5f35d09814c13876b42c7670194e5.jpg

I just checked one of my books. It appears to be a Derbyshire. I think you just need to get a smaller tool holder.

• Like 1

One other thing, this slide rest needs what's called a "shoe" to fit the bed properly. Some rests have what's called a foot (yes, haha), like the first pic, to line it up on the bed and the bottom of the rest sits directly on the bed. Others, like yours, need a shoe like in the right in the second pic. This fits the bed, and fits the recess in the bottom slide of the rest. Ideally fitting both with no play.

slide rest no shoe.JPG

slide rest with shoe.JPG

• Like 1