My Bergeon gel cushion is starting to look a bit tattered and beaten up and I was looking at a replacement, I noticed that there are two options, gel or silicone:

image.png.87c3cdeb26ac42241e92ae748ddd6779.png image.png.2a05b6eb7f5162e3299cb29780618624.png

As this is something you use on a regular basis, I would like to make a good choice, does anyone have experience using both types? What are the pros and cons?

The silicone must be better as it's nearly twice the price. But then the gel one says 'Bergeon' on the cushion, which must make it better?

I'm amazed that people will pay £50 for a blob of silicone just because it says Bergeon. Same with the dial holder, £50 for a bit of plastic with holes in 🤣

I use the ring from an old cheap cushion. I cut some spongy foam packing to fill it. It works really well, and is free! 
(But then I'm cheap 🤣 )

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi I actually use something similar, a Dyson circular filter with the innards removes an like Mike foam cut and fitted. Bonus is the foam can be changed any time you want and the filter frame is larger two. And it says neither Dyson or Bergeron.

I'm sure it would work better if you wrote Bergeon on it !

I did search ebay for some sort of silicone gel which could be used as a cushion. But I mainly found they were only flesh coloured and sold in pairs for ladies 🤣   Still, if you don't mind a flesh coloured cushion, they're a 1/10 the price.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikepilk said:

The silicone must be better as it's nearly twice the price. But then the gel one says 'Bergeon' on the cushion, which must make it better?

I'm amazed that people will pay £50 for a blob of silicone just because it says Bergeon. Same with the dial holder, £50 for a bit of plastic with holes in 🤣

I use the ring from an old cheap cushion. I cut some spongy foam packing to fill it. It works really well, and is free! 
(But then I'm cheap 🤣 )

Same here, the top off a jar or tub , cups that you fit under sofas to protect the floor and then cut foam packing to fit inside. The foam from an old yoga mat works well or those fit together foam floor mats. I'm put off by those gel or silcone cushions, I'm off the opinion that they can catch and break of a sub second pivot or an extended 3rd wheel. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just purchased a gel cushion from aliexpress as it saves me some fabrication.  If there is anything of note to report (great or abysmal), I'll post it here.  I expect it will be just fine, and I'll practice my lettering skills and write "Bergeron' on it.  Just like painting racing stripes on a car to make it go faster....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3