New to watch repair

Footloaf7

Hello, I recently started dabbling in watchmaking/repair and wanted to come here to see if I could learn a thing or two about how its done, while I don't yet have the expertise or tools to do things like take down and oil a watch, I do have just enough to replace a stem and crown with some time. I am very excited to start learning and hope to one day be good enough to start a repair business of my own. Thank you very much for reading and have a nice day

p.s. I also came here to see if some more experienced people might be able to help me find some parts that'll fit my watch(es), or find a good source for replacement parts. Again, thank you for reading, and have a very good day.

Hello and welcome to the forum,  parts are usually sourced via the internet, picking up donor watches. There are material houses who will supply amateurs as well as professionals, typically,  Cousins uk,  HS.Walsh,  A.G.Thomas, Gleave and co. Second user spare via. Speedtimerkollection.com. Welwynwatchparts.co.uk. Are just a few in the UK.