"Premium" spring bars.

Hi All

My son has a Seiko Diver with 22mm lug width. He favours wearing a Jubilee type bracelet with it, however spring bars narrow enough to fit tend to be flimsy. Or at least those bought from Ebay are.

Is there such a thing as a "premium strength" spring bar, without going up in diameter?

Many thanks.

Thank you, I've given them a look. Quite an array.

I didn't realise that spring bars can have different ends and I am not sure what the correct sort might be.

The watch is a bit like this. Any idea what spec bars I need please?

s-l1200.jpg

Edited by Vizard
Photo

Hi. Spring bars come in all sorts of sizes and styles, most are straight but there are curved ones,  some are screwed in through the lugs, some have double ends some single. There are many variations. Most of the ones sold are generic, don’t go for the cheap end of the market as some are massed produced rubbish you can bend with your fingers.  Measure the space between the lugs this will give you the bar length in mm . Or measure the old bar, probably best to use double sprung bars easier to fit and remove.  Other suppliers are Gleave & co ,  H.S.Walsh,  A.G. Thomas.

Here is what you are looking for:

image.thumb.png.cc8a1a1373f459921ca94412c0cc4f29.png

And here are the dimensions:

image.png.d43848f73ec5b1a01119650373e041de.png

Your standard spring bars have an OD of 1.5mm and Thick one 1.8mm, these 'fat' ones are 2.5mm! Also the end lug is 0.8mm so will fit more securely (will not rattle around) in the hole in the lugs. I am sure if you shopped around you could find generic ones that are similar - I found some on Amazon.

Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/MiLTAT-Heavy-Spring-Double-Shoulder/dp/B09K7HV56X/ref=sr_1_15?crid=2TI1D3CJORFC2&keywords=fat+seiko+diver+spring&qid=1698057688&sprefix=fat+seiko+diver+spring%2Caps%2C296&sr=8-15

PS

Crazy that the Seiko ones are sold in 5's.....I can understand 4 or 6, but why 5????

45 minutes ago, HectorLooi said:

You are assuming the obvious. He has a finger and thumb on one hand and three fingers on the other. 😉

Ahh good point Hector, "Richard i would advice you not to become a hand model".  I know I'd be upset if i lost both my middle fingers, being unable to gesture my lack of appreciation would be disappointing to say the least. 

1 minute ago, Waggy said:

image.thumb.png.a605f20e1ee5305f7667f1703ce8fe15.png

I knew there was something odd about Richard, i just couldn't put my finger on it 🙂

4 minutes ago, Waggy said:

image.thumb.png.a605f20e1ee5305f7667f1703ce8fe15.png

And thats about as diverse about springbars as anyone can get. Mission accomplished everyone 👏👏👏👏👏

On 10/23/2023 at 11:40 AM, Waggy said:

Here is what you are looking for:

image.thumb.png.cc8a1a1373f459921ca94412c0cc4f29.png

And here are the dimensions:

image.png.d43848f73ec5b1a01119650373e041de.png

Your standard spring bars have an OD of 1.5mm and Thick one 1.8mm, these 'fat' ones are 2.5mm! Also the end lug is 0.8mm so will fit more securely (will not rattle around) in the hole in the lugs. I am sure if you shopped around you could find generic ones that are similar - I found some on Amazon.

Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/MiLTAT-Heavy-Spring-Double-Shoulder/dp/B09K7HV56X/ref=sr_1_15?crid=2TI1D3CJORFC2&keywords=fat+seiko+diver+spring&qid=1698057688&sprefix=fat+seiko+diver+spring%2Caps%2C296&sr=8-15

PS

Crazy that the Seiko ones are sold in 5's.....I can understand 4 or 6, but why 5????

Thanks for a detailed reply.

I think he is going to put a NATO on it, in which case the fat bars will be fine. However if he ever goes back to a Jubilee I will need to buy some skinnier yet still tough ones.