I am not familiar with this clock but I suspect it will be a pin lever escapement.. It’s surprising what a different performance you will get after it has been cleaned and lubrication.. A picture of the movement would be nice to see.

Edited by clockboy

5 minutes ago, clockboy said:

I am not familiar with this clock but I suspect it will be a pin lever escapement.. It’s surprising what a different performance you will get after it has been cleaned and lubrication.. A picture of the movement would be nice to see.

Thanks clockboy, yes it is a pin lever . The rate is all over the place, the hairspring passes through a slot along its terminal curve , a really big slot compared to the  curb pin spacings on a watch. I'm wondering whether to close up the gap its something like 5 times the width of the hairspring, it does regulate when its adjusted but not consistently when set within any one position of the regulator Obviously the movement is only ever in one vertical position so might not be worth chancing any alteration.

17 minutes ago, clockboy said:

20231014_135336.jpg

32 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi. NEW,   One look at its construction and you can tell it’s fron the lower end, a movement see in many travel clocks some with an alarm.  Never consistent but did the job. Pin lever cleaned up a nd a drop of windles oil and it’s a runner.

I needed to start simple 😄 , it only cost me 3 quid and i thought it was a bonny little thing. I have some Mobius large clock oil, but I'm thinking it will run on just about anything. The only plate  wear that looks obvious is the fork lever hole.

16972945768605166835725282677314.jpg