Timex recycling scheme?

Evening,

Anybody else heard of the Timex watch recycling scheme?

Apparently it's only operating in the US currently. If you send them any old watch they'll give you 20% off. Not sure it's that great a deal unless you're after a Timex.

They also refurbish and re-sell vintage ones too. All sold out......

From what I've seen they are refurbishing mostly vintage quartz and digital Timex watches, and selling those. Who knows if they'll expand into the old mechanical ones. 

The ones which are deemed scrap are recycled. Maybe someone in Timex is trying to make amends for those millions of watches that ended up in landfill over the decades. 

• Like 1

I'll just say that this is just another corporate scam to generate revenue hidden behind a current social trend.  Since they state you can send in "Any watch"  I pose a scenario such as this.   "Little Johnny"  wants to help his mom by getting her a 20% off coupon for a new watch for Christmas.  So he figures hey there is that old pocket watch hanging in that glass dome in the family room.  Why not send that in?   You know the one from his great grand father that is cased in 18K and has a name like "BALL" on the face.   does that watch get RECIRCLED?    Oh yeah right into some ones collection!   Geez guess I have become an old fault finder.

• Like 3