Bradley Mickey Mouse

Davis

Working on a Mickey Mouse "bobble head" mechanical movement.  It appears to be a Bradley time division  08F7 One jewel. The marking under the balance wheel is shown in the photo.  It looks like BF in a C 844. does any one know if there an instruction/parts manual available for this movement ?? I saw an earlier thread on a seven jewel model.

Thanks for any help, Dave

86A92EF6-92A8-4490-8E0B-C05A76E149BF.jpeg

0EB51B5C-283F-4610-B1DA-B913D85EA4BD.jpeg

It movement number might be 121. Cousins lists this as a BRAC model.

You will be unlikely to find a instructions/parts lists for this type of movement - I guess they were never meant to be serviced, it would cost more than the watch.

I can see the one jewel on the balance cock, what's on the other end ? I guess it's just a metal pin on the roller?

9 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

You will be unlikely to find a instructions/parts lists for this type of movement - I guess they were never meant to be serviced, it would cost more than the watch.

Where were you when one of these came in that I got stuck servicing it? But let's go with the Be serviced and everyone will be a lot happier.

Then I see I'm too slow somebody beat me. The initials under the balance bridge do match the description above and as a reminder when you go to the cousins website to look for data if you're not sure what the letters are just search for the number and see what happens. Then you'll see it's the first one on the list

Oh and then a minor reminder of watch data? Typically it was scanned converted to a PDF for arts not for servicing. So often times there may possibly have been servicing information but nobody bothered to scan it because they're only concerned about parts availability.

Then if you look up the initials on the group there were some people working on other versions of this type thing and yes putting it back together is a pain in the ass because most of the parts are under one plate.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/document/search?SearchString=844

1 hour ago, JohnR725 said:

Where were you when one of these came in that I got stuck servicing it?

I would have been running for the exit.

I develop a rash if I consider anything with less than 15 jewels, so 1 jewel 😟

From the pic the one jewel is a cap on the balance cock. The other end must just be a brass bush.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davis said:

Working on a Mickey Mouse "bobble head" mechanical movement.  It appears to be a Bradley time division  08F7 One jewel. The marking under the balance wheel is shown in the photo.  It looks like BF in a C 844. does any one know if there an instruction/parts manual available for this movement ?? I saw an earlier thread on a seven jewel model.

Thanks for any help, Dave

86A92EF6-92A8-4490-8E0B-C05A76E149BF.jpeg

0EB51B5C-283F-4610-B1DA-B913D85EA4BD.jpeg

I see 5 pivots under the plate, a lot of early Oris are like this. Its doable but frustrating first attemps. I found puttting one or two plate screws in lightly to hold the plate in position then work the pivots into place one at a time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikepilk said:

From the pic the one jewel is a cap on the balance cock. The other end must just be a brass bush.

Did you notice this is a Mickey Mouse watch? Not just a regular Mickey Mouse watch something special we should I had a picture and I can't remember I may have done a picture of the one at work I was doing. Then the other end well both of them have brass for the hole and One pretty red jewel visually where you can see it in on the other side it's shiny steel.

I was doing two of these not the same model that other one was older and it went to gather much much nicer than this. If I remember right it took me like well quite some time to put it together because. Did you know these were meant to go together by machine basically the wheels all go down they sit nice and straight to play comes down right on top they go together perfect there on an assembly line but trying to do that yourself is really difficult so it took a while to go together. But it's on an interesting Mickey Mouse watch interesting because the head of Mickey wal bowls he's attached to I believe the pallet fork so is the pallet fork wiggles his head wiggles. So that makes this a collectors item something that should be serviced just preferably never by me again and rather work on things that have jewels and less parts under a bridge

I've worked on a bunch of these for the kiddies- and the wife's from when she was a kiddie, They are Baumgartner movements- BFG on the plate. There are not many parts so study the pictures on 17 jewels but our wonderful advanced member 'Doktor' Jon has contributed all you need to know...

it's the 866 but close enough...just recognize the differences as you dig in. Yes the four pivots under the plate is a challenge but I got really good at it.- just take your time and don't get frustrated if it isn't working out.  I found it harder to keep the pin pallet from flopping about while trying to worry into the bridge...

IMG_0357.jpeg

IMG_0353.jpeg

IMG_0352.jpeg

IMG_0694.jpeg

The Minnie was the wife’s from when she was a child. I cleared out the mushrooms and used some of Ranfft’s blue pin pallet oil and it keeps superb time for some reason. It makes Disney fans squee with glee!!!

Post if you have trouble…

Edited by rehajm

I worked on a friends Seiko quartz chorometer. The bridge plate was held on by plastic 1/4 turn latches. Photos show with and without bridge. How's that for a large number of pivots.

My only hope is that all the pivots are different length. then one could insert long to short in that order.520168E2-C297-4BF2-BC80-8B251B7BE089.thumb.jpeg.87220b570b7c4245a85c226c247b4780.jpeg

IMG_4938.jpg

rehajm,

Thanks for the information. Just finishing a Seiko ladies autowind. I'll start on Mickey next week. Interesting design.

Dave

6 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

The Seiko quartz is usually easier to do then the pin lever watch

Interestingly some of these movements have only an unrecognizable bit of plastic for a pin lever. Apparently these weren’t economical enough with anything recognizable as a pin lever…

• 4 months later...

Thank you for this thread... I have a bobble head (or as we called it, 'headbanger') Minnie to get running for my wife. As a newbie, I would have been lost as I started taking this thing apart.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 12:08 AM, Zandr said:

I have a bobble head (or as we called it, 'headbanger') Minnie

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Let it be known thru ought the land every Bobble Head Mickey or Minnie Mouse shall henceforth be recognized as HEADBANGER Mickey and HEADBANGER Minnie! So sayeth ZANDR and WIFE OF ZANDR!!!!

One of these🤘and one of these 😈

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rehajm said:

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Let it be known thru ought the land every Bobble Head Mickey or Minnie Mouse shall henceforth be recognized as HEADBANGER Mickey and HEADBANGER Minnie! So sayeth ZANDR and WIFE OF ZANDR!!!!

One of these🤘and one of these 😈

Yeah you're just wierd man. 😅

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Yeah you're just wierd man. 😅

You have no idea. I’m recruiting my aspiring film maker nephew to produce the music video- gone viral by this time next week. If you have a headbanger in your collection- you’re welcome 🫶🏼

• Haha 1

So, I've started stripping down a "headbanger" BFG 844 tonight, and there's an intermediate wheel that seems to be captive within the components of the main plate. Am I missing something, or is that just permanently attached? The "bridge" that retains it appears to be pressed in place.

5951EE29-903A-4375-AC0E-3E47CA5FD442_1_102_o.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

And while I'm asking odd Baumgartner questions... On an 844, how would you separate the minute wheel from the barrel to replace the lubricant in the sliding clutch? Unlike the 866, there's no room to get under the wheels that I can see. If I slide a thin blade under the minute wheel it will flex, but I can't see applying much force to this.

959968A4-A8EB-477D-818F-A8C9CBDE84A8_4_5005_c.jpeg

On 9/14/2023 at 11:44 AM, mikepilk said:

I develop a rash if I consider anything with less than 15 jewels, so 1 jewel 😟

The other end is a brass bushing... in a Trior shock mounting. Never seen that before.

Having said that, there *is* a 17 jewel version of that movement. I'm considering swapping it into one of my headbangers just for grins.

CF2D4191-9FDB-4404-818A-6232F3CE6959_1_105_c.jpeg