Wow thats some marketing!

7 hours ago, Juleswatch said:

I don't know how you all contract for marketing stuff but I have to say it's interesting on the Brazilian end, screen shot attached. Not complaining. 

Yes the advertising isn't it interesting. Here's what I found if something visually well if you find something visually appealing you should click on the advertising and go there. Look at some items doesn't matter whether you want to purchase the items Or not if you find it visually appealing then the advertising will think that that's something that you need to purchase and you will be rewarded by seeing visually appealing advertising.

Unfortunately for me currently the advertising thinks I should go look at eBay. So I'm currently not seeing anything that's visually pretty.

1 hour ago, Juleswatch said:

John somethings gone wrong at my end - I now have eBay advertising instead of the girls

Yes I notice I still have eBay. On the other hand at least it is not watches yes I know we like watches but sometimes when there is such an overload of watches it's hard to figure out where the discussion is amongst the advertising.

29 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

How disappointing, maybe you should look up lingerie on ebay. 

I was going to do the experiment later in the day but off to eBay for a few minutes it looks like I haven't been there so long I had the login. Now that I'm in let's look at women's underwear. Then eBay made suggestions of? No I'm not going to give you images but the definition of women's undergarments has an amusing well that just isn't very much covering down there. But I see eBay is making lots and lots of suggestions of and let's see if it has any changing on my eBay choices on this website. It probably won't happen instantly I'll let you know if anything changes.

Although? I wonder if it would've been better to click on the eBay advertising here and then go look at something okay I'll just leave what I've done for now I'll let you know if anything changes over the day and if that doesn't work I'll click on the advertising here and go look at something interesting and see if that causes a change. Because once we figure out our advertising choices clicking on the advertising is somehow good for the message board and we might as well look at something interesting. As opposed to trying to find the messages buried amongst all the other stuff like watches it gets confusing.

• Haha 2

It just dawned on me that now my lathe is arriving I am going to need a new micrometer or two, mine are precision ones but for much larger items. I have no idea what size I should be looking at - I'm going to be turning balance shafts and the like, any pointers or suggestions welcome.

Despite the other day having an overwhelming desire to purchase women's underwear on eBay or at least look at it that has not translated into something apparently I need to purchase on this discussion group how sad.

EBay must be feeling really desperate if all were seeing is eBay stuff and not even seeing necessarily the stuff I look at like for instance it looks like I'm in the need of a motorcycle at least if I believe what eBay thinks

image.thumb.png.2793312dbbf03b841c59a21b61890bed.png

Other than the motorcycle let's what I've been seeing on the top of the page all this week with no change at all.

Oh and I notice the color scheme that you have quite stylish except I don't like it at all. This happened a while back with one of the software updates and snipping out an image for you if you go to the bottom of the page where it says theme you can hit the arrow and changed the light theme I find it much nicer to have a white background for the words.

unfortunately there doesn't seem to be in a way to pick our advertising choices.

image.thumb.png.321191b5ac909e8f4da09f432822781a.png

• Haha 1