Imperial Renewed

Gary

I've been taken by these little Imperials lately. Like the Marvins they tick nicely and have a very smooth winding system. I had photos of the breakdown but lost them when my phone died. I do have a photo of the arrival. I normally take one out of the packaging. The first one survived. Here it is before and after. Disassembled, cleaned, lubricated, case polish, and reassembly. Losing about 15 seconds a day but (guessing) for a 90 year old watch I can live with that. The band was in very good condition so I cleaned it and conditioned it and placed it back on. I like it ! I am trying to source a new crystal but they seem hard to run down with this odd shape.

post-337-0-23519800-1439435378_thumb.jpg

post-337-0-43148200-1439435424_thumb.jpg

Oh?. Would anyone have information on a Westfield 10AS movement. I'm trying to source a mainspring and I'm having an issue finding the size.

Any help would be appreciated!

NOTE: the Imperial above actually has a nice shines copper dial but it isn't showing that way in the photos. Sorry!

Gary

Edited by Gary

Hi Gary, that's a nice watch you have there.

Regarding the odd shaped crystal, here's an article by Mkay you might find interesting http://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/2594-rectangle-and-non-standard-crystals/?hl=%2Bsquare+%2Bcrystal if you PM him, he might be able to help you out.

When it comes to the spring, I think you will have to remove the old one and measure it and buy a generic from some of the suppliers.