Lathe graver sharpener

Dell

I am in the process of making a graver sharpener that fits on the watchmaker lathe, a copy of the one Lenin made but I am struggling to find a decent picture the best I have been able to find is from the lathes.co.uk website .
I have made the base, that was a long winded job cutting the T slot using my small mill, I couldn’t get a T slot cutter small enough so ended up using a woodruff cutter but it done the job , I know the cutters are different but not sure how.
So if anyone has the Lenin graver grinder and could take some pictures and measurements that would be very much appreciated.
IMG_1822.jpeg.c5092f43e95082b5fb78a8399928a2ea.jpegIMG_1062.jpeg.3c83bd39470ca167dfd8203206b3a7d2.jpegIMG_1061.jpeg.e696531c1b7834e0993784dbb84da76d.jpeg

Sorry posted in wrong place admin please move.

Thanks Dell

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got round to finish making the graver sharpener, just have to do a bit of sanding to remove some of the tool marks prior to nickel plating, I made the base so I can fit a small saw table for cutting screw slots but not made that yet.
As Nickelsilver said above I should have said Levin but it’s only loosely based on the Levin one.

Dell

IMG_1070.thumb.jpeg.e8faef3a89b0d7c9d5136b8193c8c195.jpeg

IMG_1071.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...