Corroded Omega Seamaster Quartz 1337 - Fixable?

I inherited my late father's Omega Seamaster Quartz. Unfortunately, the battery was left inside it and has corroded quite badly. I would love to fix this watch and wear it to remember him by. He was diagnosed with a glioblastoma in 2018 and I took the time off to help care for him till he passed away.

I've attached a few pictures of the watch and the corrosion. 

What would you advise would be the best way to tackle this?

Many thanks,

BatteryJuice

WhatsAppImage2023-07-22at20_04_03.thumb.jpg.2d35edc389371685a26dd4147ddd6407.jpgWhatsAppImage2023-07-22at20_04_05.thumb.jpg.13ad793cb2b50c0614b86e0b646bca9c.jpgWhatsAppImage2023-07-22at20_04_05a.thumb.jpg.44410e6b4e5757cba874434e3416c757.jpgWhatsAppImage2023-07-22at20_04_00.thumb.jpg.ab025af72b32065e00b8f8cc76548de7.jpg

15 hours ago, BatteryJuice said:

I inherited my late father's Omega Seamaster Quartz

The usual procedure with anything that has sentimental attachment is not to work on it until you can work on it. In other words this means you should practice with other stuff that you don't care about until you get good at disassembling reassembling without breaking and destroying things.

Then in the meantime I would start to look for replacement components possibly see if you find a replacement movement's off of eBay. Looks like the 1337 shares a lot of components with the 1332 although the circuit is unique to the 1337. Then I'm attaching the service information for the 1332 what the supplemental for the 1337C can see the parts you need to try to find. 

Then the unfortunate problem in servicing a quartz watch you should have additional test equipment. You need standard watch repair equipment with some bonus equipment for quartz watches.

1332_complet_4217.pdf 1337_1_2295.pdf

Missing the battery cover, but doesn't look corrosion has got to circutry. 

Best to go to Omega forum, folks there know more about Omega / used part/ interchagability etc than we do, and actually sellers tthere..

Good luck

I just posted in your introductory post/thread. Welcome again.

Ohhh, it's a Quartz movement!!

Maybe you should try to source a complete+functioning replacement movement Cal 1337. I would guess that this can be found at a reasonable price. You'd then still have the cool experience of working with the watch (i.e. taking out of case, removing hand, dial, getting the new movement in and putting things back together), while not having to spend months and much more money to actually learn to repair the movement.