Tissot 715 Movement - service manual/document

Hi All

A few weeks ago I posted about a Tissot 715 movement that I was beginning to strip which had (actually still 'has') a seized dial foot screw.  I now have a donor movement which will infact be THE movement as it is in better condition, but I will need the dial.  I have stripped an cleaned and I am in the process of reassembling the so-called donor, which so far is going well!  I have a series of photos from the disassembly so I have some visual guidance on the assembly side.  Lubrication during that is from prior knowldge of the role the part plays - however he service maual (the document) would be good.

In searching for the document - I am stuck on the correct search terminology.  Can anyone assist in locating a suitable resource?

The movement is a Tissot 715.  I am unaware if that is an ETA or other actual movement.  The 715 is on the right of the image below which would be just under the balance wheel.

I bow to your superior knowledge 🙂 

Thanks

Jon

IMG_5353.jpg

Edited by Jonno65

According to Ranfft it is the same movement as the ETA 2360 - http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?11&ranfft&201&2uswk&ETA_2360

There is no document for the 715 on the Cousins site, but there is one for the 2360. However, this is a parts list not a service document. https://www.cousinsuk.com/document/search?SearchString=eta+2360

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SpringMangler said:

Cousins site, but there is one for the 2360. However, this is a parts list not a service document.

the unfortunate problem in the universe is there's not a service guide for every single watch in existence. Then typically for cousins there in the spare parts business they only have stuff that has spare parts. There is some documentation where I know there's a service part to it but they just scanned in the parts cross reference and didn't scan in the rest of the manual. Or basically you're lucky to find anything we find it all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SpringMangler said:

According to Ranfft it is the same movement as the ETA 2360 - http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?11&ranfft&201&2uswk&ETA_2360

There is no document for the 715 on the Cousins site, but there is one for the 2360. However, this is a parts list not a service document. https://www.cousinsuk.com/document/search?SearchString=eta+2360

Very helpful thank you!  Just knowing there is an ETA equivalent is of huge value as there many of those listed on eBay.  My next challenge is to find an equivalent dial (16.5mm) if I can't get the original off.  I could cut potentially separate it from the feet and glue it on like those indian Seiko's I bought - another story and lesson learned 🙂 

On 4/16/2023 at 7:23 PM, Jonno65 said:

seized dial foot

depending upon what the problem with the screw is you could try something like liquid wrench or any kind of the fluids used to loosen screws.

Then if it's just one dial foot you could always just pop that off at least it of the other foot to keep it somewhat in place. which is a lot better than when you have no dial feeds and then it's a lot harder to get it to stay word supposed to be.

On 4/17/2023 at 6:53 AM, Jonno65 said:

In searching for the document - I am stuck on the correct search terminology.  Can anyone assist in locating a suitable resource?

How about browsing Databases/ relevent literature.... etc for

" search terminologies" 

Dr ranfft, julesborel, cousinsUk, esslinger/ .....  are very useful websites you should familiarise with. I often find ebay useful too.

Rgds