Hoping some one can help me out!

I got a Seiko Diver 4205 movement to practice (runs but stops).

Stripped it completely, except the cannon pinion that seems to be stuck.

Should I really buy an expensive presto tool?

Also wondering if there should be so much movement/wiggling possible (see gif). Im barely touching it with my tweezers. Like no force whatsoever.

Thank you in advance! 

ezgif-3-e57606366a.gif

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

Try a stem holder tool, works just fine,  give the mainplate with canon pionion assembly a 48hr soak in Coca Cola first. 

This is one example where Coca cola works but penetrating oil wont be easy to apply inside the tube. 

You wouldn't know about the center hole/ jewel in the mainplate until all is disassembled and every part is checked, especially that the jif only gif ed a little, 😂 .

And .Welcome to the forum.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Try a stem holder tool, works just fine,  give the mainplate with canon pionion assembly a 48hr soak in Coca Cola first. 

This is one example where Coca cola works but penetrating oil wont be easy to apply inside the tube. 

You wouldn't know about the center hole/ jewel in the mainplate until all is disassembled and every part is checked, especially that the jif only gif ed a little, 😂 .

And .Welcome to the forum.

Are you talking about a stem holder for keyboards? 

Hello and welcome @Watchingyou, if I haven't already said so. 

4 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

No, its same tool.      

So  stem vice must be a  more popular name over younder.

Ok, just checked your profile, didn't realise you were from Iran.  Slightly differently terminology then.  I'm more into classical physics so if you want a chat on the free zone, feel free. 

9 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Ok, just checked your profile, didn't realise you were from Iran.  Slightly differently terminology then.  I'm more into classical physics so if you want a chat on the free zone, feel free. 

I once got kicked out of classroom in elementary school for asking a question and argueing with  my physics teacher that  he has not really  answered my question.   So if you think we can remain friends and such discussions be of any use or interest to our friends here, I got plenty questions. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nucejoe said:

I once got kicked out of classroom in elementary school for asking a question and argueing with  my physics teacher that  he has not really  answered my question.   So if you think we can remain friends and such discussions be of any use or interest to our friends here, I got plenty questions. 

We can definitely remain friends. 

• Haha 1