Tissot Seastar Ladies Watch - Winding Stem

Hi All

I bought a Tissot Seastar Ladies watch on eBay - more so that I could impress my partner of my amazing watch repair skills and present her with a gift to remember... trouble is (as noted in my previous post) I can't even get the movement out of the case! 🙂   The stem is corroded as there appears to be some water ingress in that [typical] area, and this may contribute to it not moving (if anyone has any further insight into the case clamp query...

So, I cannot find anything on this watch on YouTube.  The movement number also doesn't turn up any search results either - but I will need a new winding stem.  Can anyone advise where to start looking?  This is the movement (below), but I am not sure whther I use the whole number, last four digits etc.  There is a number under the balance wheel - so I may partially disassemble in the case.

Tissot.png

Edited by Jonno65

1 hour ago, Jonno65 said:

The movement number also doesn't turn up any search results either

it would be helpful when posting a question to place the movement number somewhere in your questions so that it make it easier for us to see what you have. Then the number on the main plate the big long number appears to be a serial number but I'm just guessing can they can't see the entire movement

1 hour ago, Jonno65 said:

here is a number under the balance wheel

classically for movement identification number under the balance wheel is the movement number. Often times in addition to the number of course there'll be a symbol or something so we know who actually made it.

many times people that you think are watch manufacturers are only people who case up other people's watches. So they will put their name on the dial they might put their name on the back plate but the real maker the watch sometimes can be found under the balance wheel of course sometimes the company actually did manufacture the watch but it would be nice if we could have the number under the balance.

Edited by JohnR725
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

Classically for movement identification number under the balance wheel is the movement number. Often times in addition to the number of course there'll be a symbol or something so we know who actually made it.

Thanks JohnR725.  I removed tha balance a lo and behold - the calibre No. is there.  It is just visible in the pic above.  That turned up a heap of results and plenty of spare parts or donor movements on eBay!  It's a Tissot 715 or ETA 2360.  That gives me hope.  Still haven't got it out of the case yet though 🙂 

Edited by Jonno65
  • Thanks 1