Dove head first straight in

Rossman

After watching a few watch repair YouTube videos this past summer I've decided to give watch repair a trial run as my latest hobby.  It seems like a good fit for me personally.  I'm an aerospace mechanical design engineer by trade and as such, a lover of all things mechanical. I currently collect, maintain, and modify sports cars and bicycles.  I love working with my hands doing general hobbyist mechanical and fabrication work including milling, drilling, turning, welding (TIG and MIG) and additive manufacturing.  It appears that there are many folks here who share similar interests.  Now it looks like I'll be adding watch repair to that list!

So, as usual for for me, I dove straight in, started taking the WatchFix.com courses, purchased a bunch of tools and and a couple of inexpensive "repair or parts" watches off eBay. As you might imagine, I'm here because I've already run into a problem with the first watch I've tried to repair. 

Anyway, that's enough about me, I'm here to ask for some help and maybe one day share my experience with others.

Cheers,

Ross

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

As you will find out it can be a very expensive  hobby. The more you get into it you will find the more tools you will need. 

18 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Welcome to the WRT forum.

Thanks! I'm having a hard time not seeing WRT as "with respect to". 🙂

14 hours ago, watchweasol said:

and he is right, you always need another tool.

I've very familiar with the concept! I have quite a few "just in case I need it" tools!