New member from New Hampshire USA

durant7

I wanted to follow the forum rules.  To be honest, I am on the fence as to start the tool purchasing to see if this is a positive outlet.  I work on, maintain, fix vintage British and Porsche cars and have those tools.  But I also have all sorts of clocks and watches that do not run as they should.  And, in the winter, working on a watch can be an indoor, warm activity.  Appealing.  And, I just love mechanical things.  Typewriters, sewing machines and clocks and watches.  

I am a bit unsure if I should start with mantel clocks with BIG springs or more refined Swiss/Seiko movements.  

I have my first patient which I thought was a brilliant plan.  Until someone messed with my work area.  First lesson!  I can find nothing on it.  Swiss SEMCA Co. 7 jewel desk clock.  Nice and large to learn.  But step one, letting down the mainspring...I can't figure out how to do this given the "bridge" covers 80% of the clock works.  Cannot see the Pawl.  Figure some knowledge could be gained at this forum.