Bought this clock at a flea market. Can not find anything about it.

edteach

I tried searching for Vidrio clocks, Vidrio glass, jadeite, and uranium glass clocks. This clock forecloses in ultraviolet light. If anyone knows I have a few questions on this clock. First is who made it? I get nothing on the search for Vidrio clocks but for some slag glass Cadillac clocks. When I bought it it had no cord. I took it apart and put some alligator clips on the wires left inside the clock and I can hear the hum of the coil but no movement. The starter spins free but will not run. any help in how to fix it and information about the clock if anyone knows would be much appreciated. Thanks.

DSC08028.JPG

DSC08029.JPG

DSC08030.JPG

DSC08031.JPG

DSC08032.JPG

These early synchronous motor clocks were not able to start automatically. The start knob had to be given a quick turn to get the motor running, much like vintage cars with a hand crank.

Your starter knob seems to be broken. I think it would be safer to use a proper connector on the wires before trying to start up the clock. And check for leakage before touching the metal partsĀ 

• Like 2

Its repaired. The coil had some broken magnet wire. drilledĀ  out the rivets and unwound it to remove the broken wire and soldered it back together, This is a picture of when I just started to drill out the coil rivets. DSC08040.JPG.f7d84972c07c3351d87d3cd0713ae22e.JPG

Video of the clock working now. https://studio.youtube.com/video/8mSmDAY5CS8/edit

Edited by edteach
  • Like 2