Maplin Silver Oxide Batteries

I know most people here will probably know this BUT avoid like the proverbial lurgies (plague for the rest of the world)

I replaced the batteries in all my quartz watches last June along with two from mums collection and one from my brothers.

So far, my brothers has leaked into his mint Breil Ducati One. No life with new battery.

Both my mums have stopped. No leak just run out.

From my collection, no leaks but my oldest Accurist chrono alarm is ticking every 2secs so almost out. My Breil Ducati One is also dead.

3 others are stone dead. 4 others are still running for now.

I didn't expect 5 years but at least 2 years or am I expecting too much?

Have now ordered replacements for ALL watches from MHJDirect or something like that. All Seizaiken. We'll see how long these last now.

To keep costs down, initially used the un branded multi packs freely available. These usually leaked pretty soon and proved to be both a false economy and an embarrassment . It's my hobby so all of my repairs are either for my own use, gifted to family or the local Cancer Research shop for them to sell on.

I’m now more interested learning to work on mechanical watches but any quartz watches get a branded battery sourced from Cousins, usually Renata or Seizaiken. I've not had any problem's with either.

NAD