3 hours ago, watchweasol said:

to remember reading somewhere I think it was the watch guy that Wm McCaw had bought the copyright and they distribute the CD version, although I did see a link to the best fit books on the watch guys site and they were still working.

I like the first that I noticed that the bestfit book was a PDF was they were selling it on eBay. Then I saw this exact discussion which made me wonder about copyright. but he still hasn't available for download so that's always a bit puzzling. Which is of course the reason why I won't distribute this because as a bit of confusion but everybody else will point you in the direction of a free copy

3 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

quit hovering over this boring topic and help me with this purty please?

it's bigger than a watch how hard could it be?

Oh I don't suppose you put in a bushings in? just a reminder people work on watches always love issues with clocks because if you put in a bushing you'll put it into tight. Not the bushing itself but it seems like an acceptable tolerance to watch person is usually way way too tight to get a clock to run. The name and clock people are guilty of going bushing crazy just because they perceive that wealth they have bushings and they should use them. Suggest a warning to be carefully go bushing crazy on a clock you may not actually be helping things

26 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

going bushing crazy just because they perceive that wealth they have bushings and they should use them.

Have I ever told you how much I love your posts?  Someday, we must meet in person.

Yes, I am going to shy away from the bushing route.  My little watch shop is right now target rich with challenges...multiple restaffing, hairspring repair, breguet bending...I have done a very nice job cleaning this clock and right now, I just want to work so that I can move on to other things.  So...yeah...I am gonna take the less invasive route on this one.