Anyone know anything about Strand watches or a Brevet 1180 movement?

Evening, I bought a small watch with ‘Strand’ on the watch face. I don’t know anything about Stand and didn’t know anything at all about the movement inside until I opened it. 

I attach some pictures of the movement.

Does anyone know anything about the movement - age etc?

thanks 

2DAAB827-70BA-4614-9931-090F16C0B9BF.jpeg

B378D884-6DB3-4184-B63A-7A9998AF6773.jpeg

14 hours ago, Gattaca said:

I don’t know anything about Stand and didn’t know anything at all about the movement inside until I opened it.

Many Swiss "brands" were so small that one can't find history about them. Just made up names for watches assembled at some generalist factory.

14 hours ago, Gattaca said:

Does anyone know anything about the movement - age etc?

If you search AS1180 (brevet means patent, not a maker name) on the Ranfft database, or even the Internet, you will get an wealth of information.

Edited by jdm
  • Thanks 1

Folks in my neck of the woods have a saying, " if there isn't a watchmaking factory in the vilage you visit , you are not in Switzerland" 

Adolf schields made good movements and many variants of 1180 were made with many  shapes of bridge layout and they powered watches of many brands.

So if you watch looks good, you got a good watch, the brand doesn't mean much in this case.

Regs

• Thanks 1