'No name' military pocket watch

Picked up a military pocket watch non-runner for around £20, which to me at present with my ultra-noob skillset means "curiosity value".

From what I'd seen you usually screw the back off, but this one isn't budging and has some pry marks font and back either side of the crown. Should I have a go too with a pry tool? Thought I should check before adding to any damage!

Also, just read about radium. Maybe I shouldn't be messing with it at all and just find a lead-lined safe to put it in! How concerned should I be. Obviously you wouldn't want to be inhaling deeply with the front off, but what is the danger level with this sort of thing? Should a noob be messing with this at all?

IMG_8004.jpg

IMG_8005.jpg

IMG_8007.jpg

IMG_8008.jpg

Thanks info Watchweasol. It's not working at the moment. Winding the crown turns the crown wheel which turns the winding wheel which makes the winding click go clicky all very nicely, but nothing fires up.

Can anyone tell me how you set the hands? If it's anything to do with the crown then I can't figure it out.