Old Tegrov

Oskuk

I'm not actally any handyman, I hardly can repair my find, but  I was interested of the watch as she just runs on her face. Found some answers for that symptom already,

but I am a little further away: I cannot even open the timepiece! It has a place to bulge, and I did, with my fingernail! and yes, it opened easily.

But from the face-side. Cannot find any clue where to open the back. Visodate there just for comparing them.

278175829_5303824676322869_1859861565116586348_n.jpg

278270557_5309286305776706_6947627143796550641_n.jpg

278231206_5303824816322855_1285333093722960265_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Oskuk said:

Cannot find any clue where to open the back. Visodate there just for comparing them.

That is a front loader case and your is the most frequently asked question by beginners, enter "front loader" with double quotes in the search box top right. In short, it is opened removing the bezel and lifting the dial while rotating the crown to free up the two piece stem. I recommend against owners trying that without proper tools to avoid damage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

I don't understand your question. It looks like you have already managed to opened the case of your watch in the 2nd photo.

Do you mean how to remove movement from the lower caseback?

Yes, cristal is open, but I hardly can now see why it is not running while on its back. Actually I can see as much while cristal on its place 😉 -so, I'd like to see more of the inner flesh of the piece...

17 minutes ago, Oskuk said:

Yes, cristal is open, but I hardly can now see why it is not running while on its back.

To 'see' that it needs to be looked at with the eyes, tools and knowledge of a watchmaker. One possibility is a broken lower balance, especially likely in mov.t w/o shock protection. Of course the mov.t must be fully removed from case as I have shortly explained above already, and lot more details in the topics about 'front loader'. When it come to watches it's not about being 'handy' as in changing a car tire, it takes a lot more.

1 hour ago, jdm said:

Like the title says, the OP is referring to the white dial watch, on the left in 1st picture.

I think the one on the left is a Tissot which the OP used for comparison. The watch in question is the one with the 2 piece case and caseback.

46 minutes ago, Oskuk said:

Yes, cristal is open, but I hardly can now see why it is not running while on its back. Actually I can see as much while cristal on its place 😉 -so, I'd like to see more of the inner flesh of the piece...

The lower caseback is like a tin can with a slot cut out for the winding stem. Usually it is loose enough for the movement to be pulled apart by holding the caseback in one hand and the dial in the other. Sometimes if it is really tight, some prying around the dial with a case knife is necessary. 

• Like 1

Hector says it best.  If Oskuk means the watch on the right, then it would seem to be fitted tightly into an enveloping "dust proof" case back.  It surrounds the movement, and the movement sometimes must be gently pried up and out.  And sometimes, old dirt and grime can make that difficult.

Well, whatever the case, the fact remains that even with the mov.t fully exposed is practically impossibile for an owner to diagnose, and much less repair, a watch that doesn't run in all positions.

2 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

The lower caseback is like a tin can with a slot cut out for the winding stem.

If there is a slot cut that means there is no pendant tube, and no water resisitance at all, which makes a very poor construction. Instead, these are in fact classic front loader cases, with a two pieces stem that must be separated (and rejoined) as I tried to explain before.

2 hours ago, Oskuk said:

Yes, got it, dropping to metal bin. The Tegrov, not Tissot.

Why. That is a nice watch, give it a chance in the hands of someone else. Like 5 Euro on Ebay, or gift. Maybe it's just me, but I can't throw away a watch, or anything the like.

• Like 1