Pivot not locating

40 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I'm having trouble locating the pivots of the wheels into the jewels. I have cleaned the plate and the wheels, are the jewels blocked? 

Surely they are not. It's normal for beginners to have trouble,  even major one, bringing all pivots into the bridge. This is often asked, however repeating the answer one more time, there is no magic to it. First and most important is that you have the work very high as in shoulder or neck high, and your elbows resting on the bench. You need to see what you're doing, get an appropriate loupe. You can also try with one wheel at the time, then add one after another, and learn how to make tiny adjustments to the top of the arbor or pinion with the tip of the tweezers or a toothpick, from a side.

• Thanks 1

Hi.

I am also a beginner but one tip I picked up which often helps is once the bridge has been placed on top of the wheels with all its screw holes lined up, is to with the blunt end of tweezer tap the movement holder a few times rotating is as you go, doing this I often find most if not all the pivots have miraculously found their way into the jewel hole without any extra fiddling.

• Thanks 1