Lorch Lathe And Collets

Andyclient

Managed to aquire this yesterday a Lorch lathe with 24 collets i assume it is 6mm from the collet shaft measurement or do you go by chuck diameter which is 10mm .

Starting to get the gear but still no idea ;-)

BCC1432F-D208-4E9F-AF62-9DA4F0C08512_zps

Edited by Andyclient

The measurement is the shanks diameter i.e. 6mm or 8mm. I am not aware of a 6.5mm for the Lorch. When purchasing collects be aware not all collets are interchangeable as different makers had different pitched threads for their collets.

The measurement is the shanks diameter i.e. 6mm or 8mm. I am not aware of a 6.5mm for the Lorch. When purchasing collects be aware not all collets are interchangeable as different makers had different pitched threads for their collets.

Thanks Clockboy it is defo 6mm but i will bear the thread pitch in mind , need to source a drive belt next

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• As is tradition, one step forward, two steps back. Got the board populated and soldered into place without any issues.   But no hum. So I started testing the coils with an ohmmeter. I got 5.84k ohms across D1 (from red to red in the picture below), which is as expected. But I'm getting an open circuit for the other drive coil and feedback coil, D2 and F1 (from green to each of the two yellows).   Since the movement was working with my breadboard setup, it implies I somehow broke the connection between the coils and the solder lugs. They're all the way at the bottom of the lugs, but maybe the heat migrated down and broke the connections? I guess it's possible it happened while cleaning the flux off, but I used a soft artist's brush and isopropyl alcohol. I did a lot of high magnification examination, and I don't see any issues, but let me know if you see anything I missed or if you can think of anything else I should check.
    • 1947 NOS Ambassador 'C'. Actually, the case came without the movement so the movement isn't NOS, but she sure is pretty.
    • Hi attached is the AS 20XX. Service sheet although there is no 2063 mentioned it may be of some use to you AS_AS 2060,1,2,6,4,6.pdf
    • one of the problems we have is visible versus invisible. For instance millennium disulfide another high pressure lubricant black in color. I was told by somebody worked for the Boeing company that they had a piston like device somewhere that has eight call it around it to grab it so it has to slide and in the collet has to grab. But if somebody puts that type of dry grease on where grease with that in it it embeds itself basically in the metal and they have to throw the whole part away they get use it all. So I suspect on all the dry powdery lubricants that they will go into all the basically microscopic cracks and crannies of the metaland that's where it is visually at least until you scrub it off your visually going to see it which is good because you want your lubrication the stay word is. But I'm sure it doesn't last forever on the metal it's just a really nice lubrication  
    • Thanks for the info. I can't seem to find tech sheets for those either.  I'll muddle my way though 🙂