GUCCI GASKET

Hi i have just replaced a battery in my friends partners ladies Gucci watch. now i am having trouble getting the case back on.it has a hard red gasket. i have been successful in the past with the same gasket but this does not want to go in. looking for advice on the web for alternative views i came across JEWELLERS SECRETS which suggested putting the case back on the bottom die with the crystal facing up and pressing on the case with the  upper die.is this feasible or a road to ruin? B.

I dont suppose it matters either way as long as the die is not pressing on the glass and is well seated on the rim. I usually do it the other way round (conventional)    are you using a lever press or a screw down.  I have both because some backs just will not seat using the lever press, never had a failure with the screw down.

49 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

I dont suppose it matters either way as long as the die is not pressing on the glass and is well seated on the rim. I usually do it the other way round (conventional)    are you using a lever press or a screw down.  I have both because some backs just will not seat using the lever press, never had a failure with the screw down.

thanks watchweasol .i have the press down. might look into a screw down after xmas (if i have any money left!)

1 hour ago, berniethebolt said:

putting the case back on the bottom die with the crystal facing up and pressing on the case with the  upper die

If that (for a reason or another) will make easier for you to maintain the case and caseback perfectly horizontal and parallel when starting, then it will give you an advantage, otherwise it is exactly the same as  pressing dial down.

In other words, if your press, dies or tecnique does not maintain said alignment then it's just normal that some caseback may give a lot of trouble. 

2 hours ago, jdm said:

If that (for a reason or another) will make easier for you to maintain the case and caseback perfectly horizontal and parallel when starting, then it will give you an advantage, otherwise it is exactly the same as  pressing dial down.

In other words, if your press, dies or tecnique does not maintain said alignment then it's just normal that some caseback may give a lot of trouble. 

ok jdm  i get it.i think i will get a screw down to give me a ,different option.B.