Help with Seiko.

2 hours ago, Victoriaamsterdam said:

The thing is that the supplier Seiko for the Netherlands and Belgium does not have the parts. 

Have a read of our pinned topic below which contains all the common answers you may get here.

There are no more 7T32 movements.  You will need to repair it.  It is commonly said these movements are not repairable and must always be replaced, but this is not true.  They are hard to repair and not valuable, so it is not cost effective.  Seiko will not do it for you.

I don't think you can buy new parts anywhere.  Certainly not the most valuable part: the circuit board.

So you will need to find a working 7T32 from ebay to get parts from.

But first, identify your problem.  What exactly is wrong?  Do any buttons work?  Any of the dials?  How about the functions to center the chrono hands?  Did you reset the movement after changing the battery?

Do you see evidence of a leaking battery after opening the watch up?  This is probably the most common failure.  It will destroy the circuit board and they are almost impossible to repair after this.  Thus the circuit board is the most valuable part.

Be warned, if you do more than take the battery cover off (the plate with the two biggest screws, says Seiko 7T32B) that this is not an easy movement to put back together!  And the coils will be damaged if you hit them with a screw driver.

PXL_20210206_040515143.thumb.jpg.11a55feb401949ba6f5fab241e49a393.jpg

IMG_20191207_172726.thumb.jpg.0728fba546c38aae6f455f9e9ee719e1.jpg

5 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi the pulsar 182Y is the same movement and sometimes turn up on ebay and cheaper than a working t32. there are others which use the same movement If I can findout where I put the information  I will post it.

While it is true the Y182 is the same movement, I haven't found them to be cheaper.  I've been buying these for some time now, and the Y182s are rarely cheap.  They aren't the handful of desirable models that fetch the most money, but you rarely see them for < $25.

It's possible the OP doesn't need a new movement.  That's just the default response with these movements.  New battery, doesn't work == needs new movement.  They don't even try to figure out what's wrong.

I have many parts to repair these movements.  The circuit board is really the only one that's hard to come by.  The only thing I really see fail on it's own is that and the date pusher wheel.   The bad pivots I attribute to ham fisted repair attempts.  One must carefully line up 16 tiny pivots simultaneously to get the cover back on.  But that's not that hard part.  Getting all seven hands back on, and aligned with the indices, without scratching the dial is the hard part.  Unlike a mechanical movement, a quartz movement's train has backlash, so just because the hand is aligned when you put it on doesn't mean it will be aligned once the watch starts to tick and takes up the backlash.

9 hours ago, xyzzy said:

There are no more 7T32 movements.  You will need to repair it.  It is commonly said these movements are not repairable and must always be replaced, but this is not true. 

Are we talking about the A or B version? Then what's interesting is for a throwaway watch that can't be serviced why is there a technical sheet for it? I thought usually when things aren't supposed to be serviced they don't have service sheets I've seen this with citizen for instance. When you finally do find the service sheet it says send it to us don't even think of touching it. Here they show how to disassemble it and they  even give you part numbers which yes I know doesn't mean they actually exist but they claim they exist or might have existed at one time perhaps?

7T32A.pdf

• Like 1

Hi   I have two T32b's both have cct board problems and managed to get hold of a pusar Y182b with the intention of swapping it out cost £30 but decided to leave it alone and scrap the T32b's. I investigated other makes for the T32b and found they were fitted to several makes, Pulsar and Zema and the seiko YM62. I have found personally that the T32B movement was  dearer than the alternatives but not always.  The YM52 is interchangeable with the T32b  but it is probably in short supply now as well.

56 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

Then what's interesting is for a throwaway watch that can't be service

Well, these weren't really throwaway watches, used to cost about EUR 200 when new.

why is there a technical sheet for it?

I think because that a sort of "industrial must" for a Japanese company. In all sectors Japanese always had excellent technical documentation, no matter how expensive the product.

they  even give you part numbers which yes I know doesn't mean they actually exist but they claim they exist or might have existed at one time perhaps?

Maybe the official service center swapped the mov.t right away when returned within warranty, but I think that  board, coil and some breakable wheels were available for a while.

2 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

Are we talking about the A or B version?

I would assume the B.  I think the A was used very little in 1988 and 1989.  From the reference number of the T732-7E10, either SDWB61 or SDWB91, it was likely not an early model by any means, as it would be approximately the 1161th or 1191th reference allocated in the SDW range, and so would surely be using the 7T32B movement.

I have only three 7T32A, all purchased "broken", from which I have assembled two fully functional watches.  I think the two working are SDW008 and SDW010, the 8th and 10th references (approximately).  By the time we get to 1990 and a SDW054 it is already 7T32B.

The A & B are very similar, despite not looking much alike, as mostly it is the design of the covers that has changed.  Some parts are interchangeable between them, but not the circuit board.

If we look at current ebay SOLD auctions, cheapest price + shipping for 7T32B is $15.49, $19.40, $19.81, $20.50, etc.  But for Y182 it is $33.55, $75.70, and then we are mostly in the $75-$100 range.  There is maybe a tenth the Y182 as 7T32.  For YM52, there is but a single watch in the sold history, over $90.

One of those four cheap 7T32Bs was purchased by me.  What luck, it had a good circuit board!  They put the case back on upside down and it interfered with the stems.