Were to get parts for JW Benson & Everite pocket watches

Paul80

Hi all.

I have been asked by a friend of a friend to look at a couple of his broken pocket watches, ones a JW Benson Field and the other is an Everite Half Hunter with interesting Skeletal Dial.

Both will need parts but I am drawing a blank through my usual suppliers for either watch.

Anyone know of a reliable supplier/suppliers for either watch.

The Everite as an issue with the keyless works, no winding or hand movement plus from a quick look it's escape wheel is dislodged so probably a broken pivot or 2

The Benson does not wind so may just be a broken main spring but it's not stripped yet so might be something else, as it main bridge covers almost the whole watch so its inner working are not visible without a total strip down.

Also I checked the usual places for strip down info and come up blank, nothing on YouTube either, so anyone got any links to anything helpful would also be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

You will need a watchmaker to repair these not a watch repairer. I don't know where you live. Here in the UK you can go to the B H I site put in where you live and what you need to be repaired or made and it will advise you where to take them. It is no good thinking you will just find spare parts on the net because it won't happen, suppliers don't stock such parts for Benson P/W or the other. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok

Thanks for the honest reply, shame I was looking forward to stripping these down.

Made an error in the original post the Benson is The Bank not the Field.  Irrelevant now though I suppose.

I had high hopes for the Everite because it has a Swiss Movement

Not sure if they mean anything but its got the following on one of the bridges

ES 95

SEMAG AV

Thanks

Paul