De Magnatising Tweezers

Andyclient

hi guys is there an easy way to de magnitise tweezers?

They are a pair of Dumont no2 but they have become magnitised which is obviously a pain.

i have tried using one of the cheap + and - magnet things with no success .

Any advice appreciated 

I've never had much trouble demagnetising anything with a cheap electric demag, I think you have to basically place the tool on the pad/area for demaging, run the demag, and draw the tool towards you, away and off the demag surface, (i think i read that in a horology book at some point, it became the way i use demags a long time ago, so I'm not sure on the source.) maybe a couple of times, it's a bit hit and miss. (same with screws and parts except you bundle them in some cloth/tissue first)

Edited by Ishima

Pop down to you local well known diy store and stick them on the area at the cashout which says keep cedit cards etc away !!!   Any store that has magnetic security tags will do similar!!!

This will demag tools but do not use for watches as quite powerful. 

I have also used a solder gun (the larger ones with a trigger) for tools not watches as a bit too powerful.  Hold near, switch on and move away slowly as far as you can (should only take 5 secs or so).

I also have one similar to the link above and it works fine provided you hold for a couple of secs and then slowly draw away.

Edited by canthus
  • Like 1