Hebdomas crystal bezel?

I have many Hebdomas movements, some without cases and cases that I've bought where sellers claiming cases are for Hebdomas movements but the only way to remove the movement is via the face.. if no bezel then the crystal needs to be removed to get the movement out, this doesnt seem right.

20211026_084106.jpg

Edited by Freewheel

My guess is the case you posted should have a bezel. Its looks too unfinished as it is.

Most of the older pocket watches will definitely need a bezel as compression crystals are a fairly new invention. The older ones were mostly glass pretty low profiled, and they needed to be glued in. As the movement needed to be services regularly and it came out the front, the solution was a removable bezel.

Anilv

Thanks Anilv, from your answer I'm guessing that the newer cases with compression crystals may have been used for Hebdomas movements?

The case image I added unfortunately did not come with a bezel, I've been thinking of making one but no idea what the bezel for this case would have looked like, even allowing for the latch.

Cheers, Dave