clock for auction

luiazazrambo

Hi Clockmakers,

I noticed this clock on an auction site, going to be on for sale tomorrow. What sort of clock is this and what is the approximate value of it? Will update you on the price its sold once the auction finished.

clock_2.thumb.jpg.f2730bd9b7c6f5ac405e21f25f1f0d88.jpg

clock_1.thumb.jpg.b771ead12df8b55352206228a646ffe8.jpg

Best regards,

Lui

Edited by luiazazrambo

Hi   Gents of Leicester, manufacturers of the Pulsyenic Master clock widly used in factories during the 50s onwards. My brother worked for Seimens and repaired/maintained some up into the 90s.   the factories had a master clock and several slaves which got their pulses from the master and one was used as the clocking in clock for the time cards for the workers.  Values vary according to condition and originality as some were modified for domestic use. They were noisey in operation with a noticable clunk when pulsed. The one shown looks in good condition and therefore will pull a fir price.

• Like 2

Look on here and you can see what the movement is like. If you type in google Pulsyenic Master clock then click on images you will find loads of pictures of them and there movements. 

http://www.thetimeworkshop.uk/gents-pulsynetic-master-clock-for-sale/

I found Bonhams sold one for around £700 but It doesn't give a date of the auction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thats not a bad price for a Gents but they are for the enthusiast Mainly because they are as OH said they are very noisey and in a domestic situation would lead to strife.  My brother got one that was decomissioned slave clock with the movement part removed.  as the case was not in good condition I re polished it and fitted a A Seiko pendulum  quartz unit with chime and remade the pendulum as the original was very heavy, Its now hanging on his wall working away and looks  good

I got to see inside of a similar clock in my youth.  It was not a Gents, but I remember it being part mechanical and part electric.  In grade school, I got sent to the principal's office ("Headmaster" for those in the UK) for drawing on a bully's face with a magic marker. (He got sent too, so I was okay with that.)  And while we were there, somebody was working on the tall clock behind our principal.  To this day, I cannot recall anything that man said to me, because I was so fascinated looking at the guts of that clock.  I do remember the other clocks were off that day, but that's the only other thing I recall; this was decades ago. 
It was a plain-looking clock, but I liked it anyway.  A teacher later explained to me that what I saw was their master clock and it set all the other clocks. I thought it was cool for what it could do.  

• Like 1