Newbie from Italy

giulioskij

Hi everyone, 

I'm Giulio, a new watch enthusiast from Italy.

I'm a biotech student with a load of interests in the most different fields: from jazz and field recording to aeronautics and astronomy... And this means I know a lot of many things, bot nothing of one in particular. 

My interest in watches comes back when I had my first flikflak as a child and developed with those magic digital Casio as a teen. I sinned for preferring to wear a Vincerò instead of the Baume&Mercier my mother gifted me for my eighteen, but since I inherited my grandfather's Omega Genève and Certina I've been looking for redemption, learning not only about the history of watchmaking but also the engineering of mechanical time keeping. 

I joined this forum to get valuable knowledge but also to seek advise for my little repairing works which are more of a practical way to learn about the movements than my final goal in horology.

IMG_20211008_152545618.thumb.jpg.f64a11a9ea34c556a559816ceadbb547.jpg

Hi Giulio and welcome to the forum  Nice picture of the cat, the watch is not too bad either. I have added a couple of documents for your interest.   Our Host/Administrator Mark has some online courses graduated for starters up wards well worth a look if you are taking it up as a hobby.

1612608791_ToolsfortheHobbyist.pdf TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...