Cannot remove South Bend Grade 411 movement from the case?

JLB

I tried to introduce myself, but found I was dumber than a stump and could not figure out how to do that.  I am new to watch repair (hobby).  Past experience in antique pendulum clocks. I have repaired two Waltham pocket watches that I owned.  I now have a Sough Bend 12s Grade 411 that belongs to a friend.  Watch needs cleaning and a new mainspring.  I have remove the front of the watch and opened the back.  I have pulled the stem to get into the time set mode.  The hands move just fine.  I have removed the two screws holding the movement in the case.  When I attempt to drop the movement out, the stems seems hung, like it was in the winding position maybe?  Anyway the movement is loose but cannot be released from the stem.  Help please.  I know I am doing something wrong, but cannot figure out what.  thanks for any help

JLB

I found this on the NAWCC watch repair forum.  "The SB 12s watches have a detent stem Look on the top plate at the base of the pendant. There is a screw. Loosen this about one turn. The stem should release. If not released, slowly turn the screw until it will pull out. Do not remove the screw."  I did this and solved my problem.  Maybe this will help someone else.

JLB

• 2 months later...