New member from South Dakota

RichJensen

Hi everyone,

A couple years ago, I decided to replace the screen on my iPad instead of sending it out for repairs. One of my other hobbies is building model cars, and I figured that many of the basic skills would transfer.

I also had a couple vintage watches that had stopped running. One was a Timex automatic with a really nice face, the other was a Swiss-made automatic. With several of the basic tools required for doing small scale work, I decided to see if I could get either of them working again. 

Unfortunately, my lack of experience doomed the Timex. However, I learned enough to want to keep at it, and I've bought several 'junk' watches off eBay and have had the best success getting old Timex movements back up and running. I'm sure this says more about my lack of skills, space and tools than anything else, as most Timex watches that have sat around in drawers for decades seem to need just a good cleaning and oiling, which are fairly simple procedures for most movements.

However, I have hit a couple snags with this latest lot, and that's why I'm here.