2836 Stuck crown

Hi!

I've almost finished building this watch on an Asian 2836 basis and suddenly I can't set the time or change the date anymore. I think I pressed too hard when releasing the winding stem.

I already tried this: 

but I wasn't able to see anything out of order.

Can anybody diagnose my watch? 

Thank you in advance!

Hi  as you say probably pressed too hard and displaced some part which is making the task difficult. As you are using an Aisian clone there are no tech sheets etc for them let alone parts.  so I have enclosed the sheet for the ETA 2836 in the hope there are enough similarities to enable you to make a comparison.

29_ETA2801.2-ETA2836.2 (7).pdf

• 3 weeks later...

There's a slot across the setting lever button on the ETA 2836-2. The purpose of this slot is that you press the setting lever button using a screwdriver and this will prevent dislocating the parts in the keyless works. As @Kaniesays, you'll have to reset the keyless works.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• The 6 watches went today for $70 + $10.75 postage. Not me. Thinking about it, I just need to get myself going with what I have which is enough for now. Still have to get the workshop finished. First things first. It was hard to not bid though. I doubt I would have gone that high. Would have worked out to just over $13 per watch which is outside your club rules anyway.
    • Thanks for the thoughts. I didn't think the hairspring per se was the problem: 18000bph is by far the most common rate, it looks nice and evenly coiled and even fitting a new unused platform gives the same result. All the teeth on the wheels, including the contrate, are fine - so there's no skipping. A tooth count may solve it: Wheel          teeth          leaves Centre         64 Interm         80               12 3rd              64                8 contrate     70               10 scape         15                 8 This indicates a required beat of 16800bph which is a rate I've never encountered before but might be common to some watches (about which I know little). So despite the hairspring looking perfect visually, it should be longer. It's anchored at the very end so I can't do much about that. I will try adding a couple of balance screws to slow it down as unless other members have a better idea, the only other option would be to cut and mount a new contrate wheel with 75 teeth - a bit odd !  
    • Bergeon pro = slightly less shite version but more money than the original shite version. 
    • Welcome! To which part of India will my greetings go? Frank
    • I agree with @Waggy, no need to adjust. That looks very good to me. The factory specs for 7S26 are something like -35 to +45s/day, but they are usually better. The amplitude is good. When wearing, the most important positions are dial up, crown down and crown left. You need to regulate so that these positions average out to about zero. Crown down is showing +14, so you may have to set dial up to slightly minus s/day. The absolute values of +/-s/day don't really matter, as long as they aren't too far out. The only way to get good accuracy is to wear it for a couple of days, recording the errors, and gradually tweaking.