Vostok lume

5 hours ago, jdrichard said:

Superlumanova 

Probably not. Super-luminova is a brand name of a Swiss made product. I would think a Russian factory would have used instead a local product in order to keep production cost lower.

I recently bought a Vostok amphibia 420059

FYI we have a section here where it's considered polite for new members to introduce themselves first.

2 hours ago, jdm said:

Probably not. Super-luminova is a brand name of a Swiss made product. I would think a Russian factory would have used instead a local product in order to keep production cost lower.

FYI we have a section here where it's considered polite for new members to introduce themselves first.

I have made several posts already on which you answered so.. 

34 minutes ago, corstjens said:

I have made several posts already on which you answered so.. 

Have you made these under the same nickname? Below the information on which I based my comment, please let me know in PM if I'm wrong. 

Screenshot_20210703-213327.thumb.png.f95e92e119d6c81fe5e8a546d77a749e.png

3 hours ago, jdm said:

It is Superlumanova, I’m sure ( I think:))

Just now, jdrichard said:

It is Superlumanova, I’m sure ( I think:))

Please share the basis of your knowledge then, these are after all Iron Courtain watches with all the related secrecy 😎

2 minutes ago, jdm said:

Please share the basis of your knowledge then, these are after all Iron Courtain watches with all the related secrecy 😎

At the cottage, will need to look this up. The Lume is amazing btw, better than Seiko and Hamilton and I have a lot of them….stand by.

11 minutes ago, jdrichard said:

9328AECF-5F9A-4852-8476-8A85D99D245D.png

Oh gotcha, it's because "the Internet said so" 😊

Being my input exactly of the same rank, maybe the OP can search further advice in a Russian watch collector's forum. Or wait a couple of decades and let us know here 😁

5 hours ago, jdm said:

This particular Vostok GMT Reef they did not make like the rest. It has a click bezel (120 clicks), a screw down conventional diver caseback and I think this is why they used a different lume. I can charge this Lume and read a book with it an hour later.

5 hours ago, jdm said:

Oh gotcha, it's because "the Internet said so" 😊

Being my input exactly of the same rank, maybe the OP can search further advice in a Russian watch collector's forum. Or wait a couple of decades and let us know here 😁

You know I now need to prove you wrong:)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jdrichard said:

This particular Vostok GMT Reef they did not make like the rest. 

That's all good with me but the Vostok GMT Reef (086492 costing about €250) is a different watch from the one OP is asking about, that is the Vostok Amphibia (420059, for about €80).

I rest my opinion that on a watch of very moderate cost it's unlikely that an imported, expensive component is being used.

3 hours ago, jdm said:

That's all good with me but the Vostok GMT Reef (086492 costing about €250) is a different watch from the one OP is asking about, that is the Vostok Amphibia (420059, for about €80).

I rest my opinion than on a watch of very moderate cost it is unlikely that an imported, expensive component is being used.

All good and good little Saturday adventure.

• 1 month later...