What I Am Wearing & What I Have Recently Repaired

Thought I would share some photo's with you all, MY Rolex GMT is one of my favorite watches it is not a chronograph- and I love Chronographs, but is is a very beautiful watch.

The main watch of interest in the 3 photo's would be the very rare Certina, it has the battery movement that is half mechanical half electronic. The Certina Biostar  tells you through Biorhythms if it is going to be a good day or not, think it says my day today will be OK- adjusted to the owners birth date so I can not tell you about your day. Lastly the divers chronograph is identical to the "Aviator Sea Diver" made by Nivada also sold as Croton. This one has a Valjoux movement beating away under the dial.

post-933-0-19169600-1429483353_thumb.jpg

post-933-0-91178000-1429483362_thumb.jpg

post-933-0-71429900-1429483371_thumb.jpg

Hello there!

A nice collection to say the least... That certina was a real oddball, I have never seen any of that model before. Fun with the "biorythm" and such. The Rolex is ofcourse

always a fantastic and great timepiece, it looks in great nick also.  I think the "pepsi" dial bezel really defines these from the rest. I would really like to have one of

these submariner style watches in my collection. If I could choose freely my weapon of choice would be the "dweller"...

Dammit, what is it with these diver watches that makes us crazy-..?!! - you just gotta have them..! :pulling-hair-out:  :thumbsu:

14o3tq9.jpg

That's an interesting collection indeed. I remember the fad for biorhythms - we all did them - about the time the Certina was made!

Oddly enough I've never gone for dive watches. I don't care for watches with chunky bezels - don't mind ladies with chunky bezels though...

• Like 2

Well, that was a Freudian slip and a half - I was in a hurry to go out before my last post here - what I should have written was:

don't mind ladies watches with chunky bezels though...

Oh dear!

Will Fly (D.O.M.)*

* Dirty Old Man

I used to sell watches at a Duty free, they gave us wall clocks like that to promote brands, we even had a HUGE wristwatch from SWATCH a wall clock, had the bands and everything- nearly 6 feet long it was!

I shall have to dig out some more and send in more photo's. Plenty with bezels!!... Ladies?? no watches sorry,( asked the wife but she wouldn't be in it.)

I have a nice Certina DS2 with unique dial I'll see if I can find, too many watches! 

Yes you are very close, the watch is a little older with a 7730 beating away under the dial. When I bought it it had badly stuck pushers- they did not move at all! But she ticked when wound for a short time. I found when I opened the case the flyback lever snapped off, I am reasonably good at soldering so I silver soldered the lever together but when placed back into the movement and used it only took 2 reset presses to bend too far to work, I had to buy a replacement. There is a seller here in Australia has all these parts I think it was $50 for a brand new one in the Valjoux box.

If yours is a 7733 it is related, the Venus 188 is the original which Valjoux renamed 7730 when they bought Venus and started making the movements themselves, this first was 7730 the second generation when they revised the movement in 1969 were the 7733, 34, 36 and 7737 then as I understand it the 7750 was the third generation of this movement.

Look at exploded parts diagrams of your movement, there are plenty on the net, I wouldn't be surprised if your lever was the same- double check, someone here on the site would know for sure- but there are heaps of sellers on Ebay with the flyback lever for Venus 188 and Valjoux 7730, used but good order I have seen them for $20. It is an easy fix once you have one but make sure the pushers are clean and well lubricated, I double checked the action of the flyback to see why the first broke and it is just a tight action, same as my Russian chronographs. Good Luck.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.