Good Boys Listen To The 'boss'.

Well, it is3:23 am. I've just accomplished the first phase of acquainting self with the watchmaker's shop old stock I purchased last year. There is quite a few boxes and I had a quick pick before but today I am very happy. I looked through some of the old watches and to my surprise I found only 5 quartz watches, one electronic Caravelle, and many, many mechanical. Seeing names like Tissot, Omega, Longines I decided to pour self , as Mark suggested the other day, a glass of relaxant - sorry two glasses now. Few of them run and what I mean by that opened, wound little and twisted the the watch runs but somehow the balance is a bit lazy - I hope it is cleaning mostly. I found Russian Poliot De Luxe 23 jewels, shock resistant but not Incablock (even children can recognise Incablock) so the cup jewel is pressed with three prong star spring (beg your forgiveness for the nomenclature); there is also number 7862744 on the works, the stem is broken off :-( - it is quite long stem, the movement is 21.8mm dia. the case is 35mm dia.

Also! I found a pocket watch, SMITHS, black face, opened seems very simple with just one plate and very simple balance. Is there a rule/feel/manner about restoring this or that mechanism?

Anyway, I've just finished the other glass of whisky so off to bed - hope to dream about vintage watches and running our balances (sorry if it sound like a fetish but I think it actually is...) :roadrage: . (we should have watch testrage emoticon).

Now it is 3:55 am.

Edited by zenon

...two glasses now. Few of them run...

Yeap, sometimes my glasses run too and I have to keep the bottle! They seem attracted to it. :)

No, seriously, that stem can probably be extended...(extenders come in different taps for either side).

Cheers,

Bob

PS. I'm happy for you and the great find!

I found Russian Poliot De Luxe 23 jewels, shock resistant but not Incablock (even children can recognise Incablock) so the cup jewel is pressed with three prong star spring (beg your forgiveness for the nomenclature); there is also number 7862744 on the works, the stem is broken off :-( - it is quite long stem, the movement is 21.8mm dia. the case is 35mm dia.

Check out ebayer Favinov. Always seems to have loads of bits for Russian watches.

If not maybe windingstems in the Netherlands might have one.