Bertucci field watch crown release

Hi,

I need to replace the hands on my bertucci field watch and can't seem to locate the crown release. I was wondering if anyone Has experience of these before I start prodding bits!

I've attached a photo of the inside below.

Thanks for any help you can give.

IMG_20210415_172003204~2.jpg

10 hours ago, Jellon said:

I need to replace the hands on my bertucci field watch and can't seem to locate the crown release

Your watch uses the most popular Miyota quartz module. The stem release point is the small round point, left to the round setting lever post, which is left of the stem itself, near to the bottom.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @jdm. It was slightly stressful doing this for the first time. I wouldn't have wanted to do it on a watch more expensive than this! 

Found the little dimple - you need to apply a reasonable amount of pressure and the crown popped out. For anyone who is interested, you can see the release here:

IMG_20210418_205552813~2.jpg

The second hand presses back on easily, and pops into place. This one dropped off when I dropped the watch face down on a hard floor. These watches have a deep bevel and tough glass, so no other damage. 

IMG_20210418_205957986~2.jpg

IMG_20210418_205642486~2.jpg

Quite enjoyable to be able to fix it, and saved me another 15 quid to have it done. I used a rubber ball to remove the screw back and some fine tweezers to press the mechanism, so it didn't cost anything.

• 1 month later...

Job well done.  I have much respect for the Miyota movements as well.  Two of the watches my daughters wear have Miyota modules in them.  And though I try to instill in them a respect for timepieces, my daughters are not gentle.  They are very active out-of-doors.  Their watches often lead a hard life.  The cases are thick and stout, but they get knocked about quite a bit.  Yet they've never needed anything but a battery change, light cleaning, very little oil, the usual stuff.  Robust little quartz things, those Miyotas are.

49 minutes ago, KarlvonKoln said:

Job well done.  I have much respect for the Miyota movements as well. 

I do happen to replace failed Miyota modules at times, two in the last weeks. I don't investigate about the cause or exact failure, at €5 each it's really no big deal.

• Like 1