Ingersoll Swiss Made / Great Britain

A question for you all. I have a couple of Ingersoll wristwatches which I'm liking and will probably collect more. Some Ingersoll watches are marked Great Britain (South Wales Factory) and some are marked Swiss Made. Whats the story with the Swiss Made ones? Are they from the same factory with Swiss movements or a different factory? Thanks all.

• 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• The 6 watches went today for $70 + $10.75 postage. Not me. Thinking about it, I just need to get myself going with what I have which is enough for now. Still have to get the workshop finished. First things first. It was hard to not bid though. I doubt I would have gone that high. Would have worked out to just over $13 per watch which is outside your club rules anyway.
    • Thanks for the thoughts. I didn't think the hairspring per se was the problem: 18000bph is by far the most common rate, it looks nice and evenly coiled and even fitting a new unused platform gives the same result. All the teeth on the wheels, including the contrate, are fine - so there's no skipping. A tooth count may solve it: Wheel          teeth          leaves Centre         64 Interm         80               12 3rd              64                8 contrate     70               10 scape         15                 8 This indicates a required beat of 16800bph which is a rate I've never encountered before but might be common to some watches (about which I know little). So despite the hairspring looking perfect visually, it should be longer. It's anchored at the very end so I can't do much about that. I will try adding a couple of balance screws to slow it down as unless other members have a better idea, the only other option would be to cut and mount a new contrate wheel with 75 teeth - a bit odd !  
    • Bergeon pro = slightly less shite version but more money than the original shite version. 
    • Welcome! To which part of India will my greetings go? Frank
    • I agree with @Waggy, no need to adjust. That looks very good to me. The factory specs for 7S26 are something like -35 to +45s/day, but they are usually better. The amplitude is good. When wearing, the most important positions are dial up, crown down and crown left. You need to regulate so that these positions average out to about zero. Crown down is showing +14, so you may have to set dial up to slightly minus s/day. The absolute values of +/-s/day don't really matter, as long as they aren't too far out. The only way to get good accuracy is to wear it for a couple of days, recording the errors, and gradually tweaking.