My Theorein Kelek 4-year perpetual calendar needs a UK based watchmaker for servicing?

Hello all,

I just joined and I am not a watchmaker (but can do small repair and mods which does not involve movement disassembly).

A watch I inherited needs servicing as its power reserve appears to have come down significantly over the past 6-8 months.

It is a Theorein 2700-01. It has an ETA 2892-A2 with a Dubois Depraz 4-year calendar chronograph module, same as Breitling 1461 (cal. B19).

The watch keeps immaculate time (the last service was ~8 years ago) and the only issue is low (26 hours) power reserve (used to be about 40 before).

Could I please have some recommendations on UK based watchmakers who are able to service my watch (I am in Durham).

Thanks.

9 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hello and welcome to the forum   I would contact the BHI British Horological Institute for a list of Bona Fide repairers in your area. That way you are sure of a reputable person looking at your watch.  Hope this information is of use to you.    Cheers.

Thanks but the watchmaker does not have to be in my area. I am happy to send my watch by post anywhere in UK. 

BHI provides a list of watchmakers. The two watchmakers listed by BHI close to where I live said they wont be able to service the chronograph calendar module, but only the 2892-A2. I am not sure what that means or how that works hence (can service one module but not the other) , so decided to ask the question here.

Watchmakers who have a serviced Breitling 1461 (cal. B19) should in principle be able to service my watch.

Recommendations would be much appreciated.

Hi   Unfortunatly in to days age  The more complex watches these days are returned to the manufacturers for repair due to the special tools required to dismantle and service the complications and the fact that should any parts be required. As the 2892-A2 is an ETA covered under the SWATCH organisation with their restrictive practice of parts supplies to only their Agents who sell their products the Independant watch maker/repairer has problems.  I would recommend looking up the Breitling main agents /suppliers in the UK and working from there.    Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, watchweasol said:

I would recommend looking up the Breitling main agents /suppliers in the UK and working from there.    Hope this helps.

Already tried Breitling (who owns Kelek where my Thorein movt. comes from). The answer was a polite sorry.

• 11 months later...

After trying multiple times, I finally got a reply from Christian. Unfortunately he is unable to service my Theorein 2700 due to lack of parts supply at his end.

Could I please have another suggestion on a UK based watchmaker who would help service my watch?

Thanks