Broke an overcoil

Nucejoe

I gave an overcoil hairspring 100 seconds of bath in diluted vinegar, rinsed in water for 100 seconds, looked somewhat cleaned,  repeated another 100 second in vinegar and the spring came out in two pieces. I am not sure what went wrong,  was there rust underneath dried oil or was it the vinegar.

Its a H moser calib 133 pocket watch, google keeps bringing me zenith 133. Did Henrich moser put zenith 133 in his pocket watches?  

Perhaps a data sheet tells us the CGS.

Thanks in advance watchweasol and to anyone who wants to help.

Could be a result of “micro fractures” or previous corrosion worsening when the acid gets to it, presuming this is a plain carbon-steel spring. At least, that’s what happens with carbon steel mainsprings when they are mishandled. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Joe Managed to find these references   The image is from Ranfft.  if that is your watch it does say on the spec  bregeuet spring check it out I will have a shufty round and see what turns up   cheers

Henry_Moser_20.jpg

2655_Zenith 133.8,133 (2).pdf 1.33 MB · 0 downloads

Hi weasol, similar looking cock, bridges look a bit different about the same layout.

waiting for daylight to take pix, mine is poor camera. Thanks 

2 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Joe Managed to find these references   The image is from Ranfft.  if that is your watch it does say on the spec  bregeuet spring check it out I will have a shufty round and see what turns up   cheers

Henry_Moser_20.jpg

2655_Zenith 133.8,133 (2).pdf 1.33 MB · 0 downloads

Hi weasol, its a venus 133. 

27 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi  Joe    had a look round all my available sources for info on the Venus 133 and found nothing, there are some chrono's but NO 133 I will try digging a little deeper.        cheers

Hi, Its the same as bulova 17AE.